03 November 2010

Howl-o-ween Scarf

A festive scarf for our little beagle, Heidi.  I had no desire to dress my little one up in an uncomfortable costume for her first Halloween with us, but I did think she needed something to show the spirit of the holiday.
This scarf/bandana was a snap to make, and best of all, I was able to utilize my stash.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out but I do wish I had made it to fit over her collar.  She didn't seem to mind this new accessory, but I do think she wore it to humor me.  (According to Dan, at one point when I wasn't looking she attempted to eat it.) 
I'm thinking a turkey-themed scarf is in store in the coming weeks.  However, it will be a fit over the collar scarf which should allow it to sit peacefully and comfortably at her back, without falling forward like this candy corn scarf.  Also, this should prevent her from being tempted to eat it for lunch.... or dinner.... or breakfast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!