09 October 2013

I'm married!

It's been a long time since I've posted on here but for very good reason:  I'm married!  Dan and I tied the knot (literally- we did a hand fasting) this past Saturday, October 5th under a beautiful blue sky and in unseasonably warm weather.  It was perfect.  Below are a few black and white polaroids snapped by our incredible photographers, Tin Sparrow Studio.  Matt and Anna were an absolute joy to work with.  I can't wait to see how they captured our day- which was described by my new sister-in-law as being like "Narnia, but with out the snow!"  I'll take it!


Our wedding was filled with so much DIY that I hope to showcase here in the coming months- hopefully once we have the photos back from our photographers.  A few things that I made were 13 bow ties for the groomsmen, our fathers and the ring bearer in Liberty of London prints.  I thought they'd be the death of me but I pulled through in the end!  The men were also gifted with handmade cufflinks that I made with resin much like the pendants in my shop and boutonnieres made from vintage millinery leaves and dried lavender (I hope to start carrying these in my shop- I LOVED making them!).  Jewelry was made for the bridesmaids and lots and lots of decorations adorned the grounds. 

One of my favorite things that we constructed was a DIY photobooth.  I purchased a Fuji Instax 210 camera and lots and lots of film a few months back.  Dan made a backdrop stand out of PVC pipe (I'll share the tutorial when I post more on this) and I made a fabric backdrop out of ombre dyed burlap streamers.  The props that we used were printed for free from patterns that we found online (I'll also share those).  It worked out so well and everyone seemed to have lots of fun with it.  Now I have a whole stack of photos to put in an album that will surely bring lots of laughs for years to come.


I expect things to return to normal here by the end of the month.  I look forward to creating some new jewelry pieces for the holiday season and reworking my website.  We are in need of change!  In the meantime I have my etsy shop set to vacation mode as we will be on our honeymoon next week.  I can't wait to get away for a decent period of time and just relax.  We've purchased a fancy new camera and I expect it will get lots of use in Mexico! :)  

See you soon!!!!


1 comment:

Jess said...

Hi Hi Hi! Just got caught up on the last several posts on here! I also just signed up/followed your blog via email! (A new feature here, yes?). Love the "Tara" necklaces!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!