05 October 2010

Jewelry for an autumn wedding

I recently had the opportunity to create custom jewelry for a friend's bridal party to be worn in her autumn wedding.  Aside from the bride wanting a pendant style, gold-toned necklace with matching earrings I was free to create what ever I wanted.  I gathered up images of a broad range of styles and materials and showed them to the bride to gauge the aesthetic that she was going for.  She ended up really loving the idea of using chocolate and ivory fresh water pearls to match her ladies' chocolate, ivory and mango colors. 


I chose yellow citrine faceted briolettes to compliment the freshwater pearls.  Each briolette and pearl is wire wrapped in a 14 k gold filled fine wire. The trio is accented with 24 k Bali gold vermeil and suspended form a 14 k gold filled chain.
I am so pleased with how the pieces turned out.  The style is so different from anything that I've ever done, and I think that I would like to try other pieces using similar materials. 



The earrings feature a citrine teardrop and a cluster of ivory freshwater pearls hanging beneath gold vermeil French earwires.

4 comments:

Ryann said...

I love them. Great job!! So delicate and classy.

Emily (The Culinary Couple) said...

Wow! Your jewelry is so lovely. Those bridesmaids are very lucky gals. And I love the "handmade in PA" badge in your sidebar. Looking forward to discovering other gems here!

helen ethel studio said...

Emily, thank you very much : ) I am happy you like my work and I appreciate your comments. Handmade in Pa is such a great network. You should definitely check it out.

helen ethel studio said...

Thanks Ryann! I struggled with the pearls for quite some time. I don't really wear pearls, so I wanted to be sure the finished pieces were youthful while remaining delicate. Now that I got over my silly pearl fear, I look forward to working with them again. hehe.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!