24 August 2010

Resin and Polymer Clay Pendants

Well, I am delighted to write that I survived my very first craft fair.  I plan to post a nice recap for you, but I think I'll save that for Saturday morning when I am sitting on my couch all cozied up to a giant cup of coffee and a blanket.

Today, I thought I'd share a few photos of the pendants that I made.  If you remember from this post, they were constructed using the Klimt cane.  The cane slice was then set in an antique copper bezel and encapsulated under resin, which domes above the cane, magnifying and slightly distorting the design.  I just love them and am happy to report that they were a huge success at the Celticfest this past Saturday.  I wish I had made more, but they were, initially, an experiment.  Since they were such a success, I have plans to make a slew in antique brass as well as copper and sterling silver.  I can't wait to get started.



I also plan to begin photographing all of my pieces this weekend and posting them to my Etsy shop which I hope to have up and running by the end of next week.



I hope you are all well and I wish you a wonderful day.  It's a crisp morning in Philadelphia that called for a pashmina scarf and a hot cup of tea.  Ah, autumn is on the horizon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!