19 April 2010

Beignet Update

It's Monday and my Beignet Skirt is still not complete, though it is close.  I didn't have the amount of time I had anticipated to devote to the skirt this weekend.   I also encountered a few minor hang ups but nothing a little patience and a seam ripper couldn't handle.  All that remains is attaching the lining to the shell and adding the buttons and I'm done!  

Last week I received my fellow swapper information for Sew, Mama, Sew's Fat Quarter Swap.  The fabric swap gives you the opportunity to send off a favorite fat quarter to four participants that Sew, Mama, Sew matches you up with.  In exchange, you receive four fat quarters from the swappers you were paired up with!  I'm really excited about this.  I'm not sure if I am going to use each piece for a separate project or if I should keep them together and create a shoulder bag or something.  It will definitely be interesting.  I'll be sure to post my acquisitions once they arrive.

I finally renewed my membership to the Philadelphia Museum of Art this morning.  Hoorah!!  I hang my head in shame every time I pass this wonderful jewel in our city because I live just a few blocks away and I haven't been there in ages!  I've renewed it just in time to catch the current exhibition Picasso and the Avant-Garde in Paris.  Dear Saturday, please hurry.




Henri Rousseau. Football. 1908


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!