[First off, allow me to apologize for the mediocre photos. I have to take them in the daylight, using my actual camera instead of my phone's camera. The lighting here is pretty poor and the camera's flash was blowing out all of the colors so I used my phone's camera instead.]
This past Sunday I was finally able to devote some serious time to working on my polymer clay beads. I thought I'd share a sampling of what I came up with.
These lovelies were made using a Klimt, or retro, cane design. I'm very happy with the end result and I am very excited about the plans I have for them. However, they still have a lot of prep work ahead of them before they are ready to be strung and donned around the neck. The final steps of sanding and the varnishing can be rather tedious but I believe that the time put in pays off in the end.
The image above shows two of the six pendants I designed. This was an experiment that I had been thinking about for quite some time now. It again utilized the Klimt Cane- at left, before reduction and at fight, after the cane was further reduced and then quartered. Again, the clay will be sanded to a smooth, level surface and then encapsulated in a pool of resin that will be poured into the bezel settings, atop the baked polymer clay. I can't wait to get started on this.
I also ordered some lovely raw brass vintage findings today. They make me swoon. I can't wait until they are sitting at my doorstep. My (soon to be) pretties: a simple solid brass chain that I plan to use with the Klimt beads, raw brass head pins, and stunning vintage brass leaves on stem branch findings that I will use for wrapped filigree. So inspiring, they've already given me ideas for future polymer clay jewelery designs.
I'll be sure to photograph them (in better lighting) as soon as they arrive!